Application Process for Student Jobs
- Fall semester: All students who wish to work on-campus must attend student employment orientation on Sunday evening OR Monday afternoon of opening week (see the Opening Weekend schedule for times and location) unless they have previously held a student job at Bethany. Students who are not able to attend either of the orientation sessions must contact the Human Resources Office before they begin applying for student jobs.
- Spring semester: Students starting in the spring semester must contact the Human Resources Office before they begin applying for student jobs unless they have previously held a student job at Bethany.
STEP 2 ► Determine your work study status.
- Students who were awarded work study by the Financial Aid Office are given priority for student employment and may apply for open jobs beginning Monday of Opening Week.
- Pick up your contract at Audrey’s desk (second floor, Old Main) between the hours of 9 a.m. to 4 p.m., Monday through Friday.
- Other students may apply for open jobs beginning the third week of classes.
- Proceed to Step 3.
- If you are not sure of your work study status, please contact the Financial Aid Office.
STEP 3 ► Contact the supervisor.
- With your class schedule on hand, contact the supervisor listed for the job you are seeking.
- Students who were awarded work study:
- Ask the supervisor to sign your contract.
- Other students:
- Ask the supervisor to contact Connie Gullixson who will prepare a contract.
- Pick up the contract from Connie Gullixson, 213 Old Main; Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Ask the superviosor to sign your contract.
STEP 4 ► Complete paperwork
- Take the signed contract and your Bethany Student ID to Connie Gullixson, 213 Old Main; Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
- Complete any necessary paperwork.
- Read the Student Employment Handbook.
- The supervisor will let you know when to start work.
- Contact the Human Resources Office if you have any questions about applying for a job.
- Contact your supervisor if you have any questions about your job.