Post Secondary Enrollment Option
Bethany participates in the State of Minnesota's Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program which provides high school Juniors and Seniors and opportunity to enroll full- or part-time in college courses without charge for books or tuition if space is available. Starting your education at Bethany through our PSEO program ensures a strong foundation and a smoth transition into your major after high school graduation.
As a PSEO student at Bethany, students can attend on a full- or part-time basis for either the fall or spring term. PSEO students may enroll in 100- or 200-level academic courses only from the approved list of PSEO courses. Students are limited to 14 credits. Less than 12 credits is considered part-time. Students may take classes on campus, online (if available), or a combination.
PSEO Program Requirements:
- Junior or Senior in high school (Freshmen and Sophomores are not eligible)
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.25 (on a 4.0 scale)
- A minimum composite ACT of 23
All PSEO applicants must submit as part of the application process:
- Application for Admission *application essay not required but is encouraged
- Official High School Transcript
- ACT/SAT scores
- Two letters of recommendation (one of which is from their high school guidance counselor)
- Complete and submit a PSEO state form (contact your high school counselor)
- Online Learner Contract (only required of students taking classes online)
- Campus Visit (required if taking classes on campus, encouraged for online students)
The application deadline is July 1 for Fall semester and December 1 for Spring semester. Apply online.
For more information about the Post Secondary Enrollment Options program at Bethany Lutheran College please contact the Admissions Office.