Executive Assistant to the President
Executive Assistant to the President
Responsible to the President to manage the office and meet the needs in an efficient and timely manner in a sensitive and confidential manner.
Bethany Lutheran College, a Christain liberal arts college owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod, invites applications for a full-time executive assistant beginning June 19, 2017. The college seeks candidates who will:
- Provide assistance and support for meetings scheduled by the President, including perparation of agenda, packet of documents, recording and distributing minutes of meetings, and following up on matters from meetings.
- Provide administrative support to the Board of Regent, including distribution of packets and confidential materials, meeting/lodging/meal logistics, and other responsibilties as assigned.
- Prepare travel arrangements and make appropriate reservations for the President and Cabinet, as well as faculty as directed by the President.
- Field telephone calls of President and handle matters as appropriate.
- Maintain schedule and calendar of the President.
- Sort, prioritize, and take appropriate action to handle mail received.
- Develop and maintain documents and files in President's office. Maintain awareness of archival preservations of electronic documents.
- Under the direction of the President, assist Cabinet members in carrying out their duties.
- Assist various departments in maintaining and updating database of faculty and staff to generate employee anniversary dates, mailings, and directory for the College.
- Initiate and coorindate the support functions required by the Cabinet.
- Active member of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod or Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
- Willingness to support the mission of Bethany Lutheran College
- Training beyond high school in computer and office management; AA or technical college certificate in administrative support services preferred
- Five years of experience in field, three at executive administrative assistant level
- Successful computer experience
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Compensation: Salary is commensurate with experience and background; comprehensive benefit program.
Application process: Candidates should submit a cover letter, resume, current contact information for three professional references, transcripts (may be unofficial; if an employment offer is made, certified transcripts for all college-level education will be required), statement of church membership and a letter of recommendation from the pastor of the applicant's church to Bethany Lutheran College, Human Resources Office, 700 Luther Drive, Mankato, MN 56001or via scanned email to email@example.com
Review of applications will begin May 15, 2017, and continue until the position is filled.
Conditions of Employment: The College requires that a criminal background check be conducted on all new employees to safeguard the campus community for students and employees.
The College: Bethany Lutheran College is a dynamic, growing institution that offers a value-based Christian education that aims to produce well-educated and spiritually grounded students. Our graduates are prepared to be leaders in their chosen vocations and in their communities and churches. Bethany has an outstanding faculty that focuses solely on the undergraduate student. Whether it is an academic, personal, or spiritual concern, the Bethany faculty is committed to educating the whole student.
Bethany Lutheran College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disabilities, or veteran status in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs and other school administered programs. The College adheres to the requirements of Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the ADA policy of 1990. The College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant international students. Concerns regarding Title IX should be directed to the College’s Title IX Coordinator.
The Bethany Lutheran College Annual Security Report is available for viewing at www.blc.edu/security. The report is published in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. The document includes institutional policies that address campus security, such as residence hall security, notification of threats, sexual assault, etc. Statistics reported over the past three years for crimes that have occurred both on-campus and in the surrounding community are also included. A printed copy of the report can be requested by calling 507-344-7000.
Bethany Lutheran College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.