Order of Service
* The Confession of Sin
* Versicles & Gloria, Alleluia is omitted
* Lesson: The Passion History of Our Lord
* “What God Ordains” – S. Gastorius, arr. D. Forrest
What God ordains is always good; His will is just and holy.
As He directs my life for me, I follow meek and lowly,
My God indeed in ev’ry need Knows well how He will shield me;
To Him, then, I will yield me.
What God ordains is always good; He is my friend and Father;
He suffers naught to do me harm though many storms may gather.
Now I may know both joy and woe; Someday I shall see clearly
That He has loved me dearly.
What God ordains is always good; This truth remains unshaken;
Though sorrow, need, or death be mine, I shall not be forsaken.
I fear no harm, for with His arm, He shall embrace and shield me;
So to my God I yield me. - S. Rodigast
* Choir Canticle: Agnus Dei (Lamb of God) J. Stainer
* The Kyrie & Lord’s Prayer
* Hymn, 584, Grant Peace, We Pray
* The Collect, Benedicamus etc.
* Hymn, 298, vv. 1, 2, 4, 5 & 8, Sing, My Tongue