At Bethany Lutheran College, we do everything that we can to meet the needs and fulfill the expectations of our transfer students. We take special steps to ensure that the transfer process is a smooth one and that our new students feel like welcomed members of the Bethany community. We encourage transfer students to apply for admission to Bethany Lutheran College with entry possible in the fall or spring semester. We have prepared a list of the most frequently asked questions to assist you in your transfer to Bethany.
Does Bethany accept the Minnesota Transfer Curriculum?
Does Bethany accept credits earned at a technical or vocational institutions?
How many credits can be applied to lower-division course work?
How many credits must be earned at Bethany Lutheran College to complete my B.A. degree?
Will I need to send in my high school transcript or standardized test scores?
Are scholarships available to transfer students?
What are the admission requirements for transfer students?
What should a transfer student know about the graduation requirements of the B.A. program at Bethany Lutheran College?
To graduate with a Bachelor of Arts degree (B.A.) from Bethany Lutheran College a student must:
- fulfill Bethany's general education requirements;
- complete a major, fulfilling its specific requirements;
- earn a minimum of 128 credits, of which at least 42 will be from upper division (three and four-hundred level);
- achieve an overall G.P.A. of at least 2.0;
- pass a total of 10 credits of upper division Religious Studies courses in the junior and senior years;
- pass one year of one foreign language;
- pass at least one course flagged for cultural awareness, and;
- complete the senior year (the last 33 semester credit hours) on campus.
Are students required to live on campus?
How can I contact Bethany?