- M.A. in Reading from Pacific Lutheran University in 1990
- Ph.D. in Counseling Studies from Capella University in 2009
Literacy, Social Studies, Fine Arts, Math, Health & PE, Classroom Management, Linguistics
Additional Campus Responsibilities
Supervise Student Teaching
Baptized and confirmed at Holy Cross Lutheran Church of the Evangelical Lutheran Synod in Madison, Wisconsin.
- Taught various combinations of grades 3-8 for 12 years at Bethany Lutheran Elementary School in Port Orchard, Washington
- Taught grades 6-8 for 6 years at King of Grace Lutheran School in Golden Valley, Minnesota
- Beginning 10th year of teaching elementary education courses at Bethany Lutheran College
- Classroom Management
- Teacher Stress and Burnout
- “Got Joy? The Lutheran School Difference” presented to various teachers’ conferences and Evangelical Lutheran Synod groups
Woodworking, golf, photography, travel, and scuba diving
A teacher’s job is to guide students to notice, wonder, seek, discover, marvel, and appreciate!