Assistant Professor - Psychology
Office: Honsey Hall 323
Message: Send web message
Courses Recently Taught
Ph.D. Developmental and Child Psychology. Department of Applied Behavioral Sciences, University of Kansas, December 15, 2008. Doctoral Thesis: The effect of public postings on early childhood care providers’ behavior in an infant room.
M.A. Human Development. Department of Human Development and Family Life, University of Kansas, January 17, 2001. Masters Thesis: The ABC hand-washing program: A program for preschool children.
B.A. Psychology. Department of Psychology, Temple University, May 24, 1996.
- Faculty. Bethany Lutheran College, Mankato, MN. 2005-Present.
- Instructor. Department of Human Development and Family Life, University of Kansas. 2002 (Spring).
- Instructor. Department of Human Development and Family Life, University of Kansas. 1998 (Fall).
- Teaching Assistant. Department of Human Development and Family Life, University of Kansas. 1998-2001.
- Preschool Practicum Supervisor. EduCare preschool classroom, state of Kansas’ training site for early childhood certification. 1996-1998.
Dr. Wosmek is currently working with Bethany psychology students to develop a community building program for K-8 schools. Similar programs offer a response to inappropriate peer interactions (e.g., bullying, sexism, racism). In contrast, Dr. Wosmek's program promotes appropriate interactions on the front end, as it encourages students and their families to view themselves as part of a larger community within their various callings (work, family, church, community). A strong community is more readily able to identify, withstand, and thrive in the face of inevitable adversity. She is also working to establish a relationship with the psychology department at United International College in China, with hopes that this partnership will serve as an opportunity for Bethany students to engage in international study and applied research projects.
I enjoy spending time with my husband and two boys, camping, reading science fiction, painting, making soup (oyster stew is my favorite), listening to music, and pondering the meaning of life as we know it. I'm passionate, opinionated, organized (mostly), and crazy about my job and thankful they pay me to do it.