Secondary Education Program
Bethany's secondary education teacher preparation program offers Minnesota state approved teaching licensure in:
- English (5-12) *See English, Teaching
- Social Studies (5-12) *See Social Studies, Teaching
- Visual Arts (K-12) *See Studio Art, Teaching
Students major and take required licensure courses in studio art, broad field social studies, or English and fulfill specified education major requirements, including all requirements below.
The liberal arts serve as a foundation on which students build their professional education sequence.
- Successful completion of 55 credits of general education core courses including EDUC200
- An application to the education major
- A one-page autobiographical essay
- A transcript that verifies a 2.75 GPA in the core education major classes
- A preliminary plan for matriculation through the major
- Submission of the portfolio begun in EDUC200 with additional entries from HIST207 and PSYC220
- Interview with a three-member committee from the education department
- A positive clinical experience report from EDUC200
- Scores on the Praxis I