On December 3-4, 2010, Bethany Lutheran College will host the 13th annual This House Believes That Classic Debate Tournament. The “THBT”, as it is called, will include 6 preliminary rounds of Parliamentary Debate with appropriate elimination rounds.
Depending on entries, the THBT will be divided into nearly equal divisions, open and novice. Power matching begins for round 3.
The THBT will include a number of distinct features:
- Non-professional judges will be recruited to focus on the public speaking aspect of Parliamentary Debate.
- Case studies will be used for Rounds 3 and 4!
- To help debaters to focus on future rounds and not past performances, no warm room will be provided.
- No coaching or group prep during the 15 minute preparation time.
- Only dictionaries can be used during prep time.
A block of hotel rooms have been reserved at the Microtel Inn & Suites. Rooms are reserved under Bethany Speech Team. Call 507-388-2818 to book your rooms. Click on the link to the right for more hotel information.
If you have any questions, please send Jon Loging a message.