- B.A., Northwestern College, Watertown, Wisconsin, 1970
- B.D., Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary, Mankato Minnesota, 1974.
- M.A., Hebrew & Semitic Studies. University of Wisconsin, Madison, 1974.
- Completion of all course work for Ph. D., Hebrew & Semitic Studies, UW Madison , 1976.
- Graduate level courses in American & European History, Minnesota State University-Mankato, Minnesota, 1986-87.
- Vicar, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Madison, WI, 1973-74
- Assistant Pastor, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Madison, WI, 1974-76
- Pastor, Trinity Lutheran Church, Brewster, MA, 1976-79
- Professor of Old Testament & Church History, Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary, Mankato MN, 1980-86
- Professor of History, Religious Studies, and Classical Hebrew, Bethany Lutheran College, Mankato MN, 1986-2012
Past and Present Service on Synodical Boards & Committees
- Catechism Review Committee
- Doctrine Committee
- ELS Historical Society (currently chairman)
- ELS Archives and History Committee (currently chairman)
- ELS Centennial Observance Committee
Service on College Committees
- Curriculum Committee
- Institutional Services Committee
- Faculty Development
- Committee Member
- Grant Writer (two grants from the Bush Foundation totaling $150,000)
- Religious Studies Division Chairman