- B.S. Elementary Education, Dr. Martin Luther College, New Ulm, Minnesota, 1980
- M.Div., Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary, Mankato, Minnesota, 1985
- S.T.M., Wisconsin Lutheran Seminary, Mequon, Wisconsin, 2000, Concentration in Old Testament exegesis
- Further study in Norwegian, German, Latin, and Hebrew
Religion, Music, Languages (Norwegian, Danish, Latin, German, Hebrew), Norwegian culture
Mark DeGarmeaux grew up on a farm in southwest Wisconsin. He married Rebecca (Krueger) in 1984.
- Scandinavian-American hymnody, history, church history, culture
- Old Testament (Hebrew language)
- NORTANA (Norwegian Teachers Association of North America)
- Sons of Norway
- American Guild of Organists
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod Historical Society
- Minnesota Valley Chorale (former singer/soloist)
- Taught college level: organ, piano, Religion, Norwegian, Latin, hymnody
- Church organist (part-time, 1981-1984, 1995-present)
- Pastor (1985-1995, northeast Iowa)
- Evangelical Lutheran Synod worship committee
- Translator (Norwegian, Danish, German, Latin)
- Evangelical Lutheran Hymnary (co-editor)
- Book of Family Prayer (translator)
- Mother of the Reformation: The Amazing Life and Story of Katharine Luther
- Luther’s Works (translations in recent additional volumes)
- U. V. Koren's Works (volumes 1-2 are published, 3-4 are in progress)
- Truth unto Godliness (translator) Pontoppidan’s catechism explanation (published in an anthology of catechisms)
- “With Tears of Anguish I Lament” for Solo and SATB choir
- Articles on Old Testament, worship, church history, explore website
- Workshops for amateur church organists in smaller parishes
- U. V. Koren (founder of Luther College)
- Katie Luther
Mark serves Bethany's campus as chapel organist and choir accompanist, and has previously served on boards of Sons of Norway and Minnesota Valley Chorale.
Foods of various cultures. In 2012 I baked 50 different types of raised breads. I try to connect food and culture, making traditional foods on various national days.
I believe in active learning. I try to connect movement with learning when possible. I also believe in the interconnectedness of learning, trying to relate various fields of study with each other.