Bethany offers a number of merit-based scholarships which may be awarded in addition to any outside scholarships you may have obtained. When you apply for admission to Bethany Lutheran College, you automatically apply for all five academic scholarships; however, non-academic scholarships (listed below) are not automatically applied for.
Academic Scholarships - 2014-2015
The following scholarship values assume the student maintains scholarship requirements over four years: Meyer Scholarship, valued at over $94,000; Ylvisaker Scholarship, $48,000; Presidential Scholarship, $40,000; Luther Scholarship, $36,000; Bethany Grant, $30,000; and Opportunity Grant, $20,000.
If you are awarded a scholarship at the Presidential level, we will send you information on how to complete the additional requirements of the Ylvisaker and Meyer scholarships. Application deadline for these scholarships is March 1 for fall enrollment. The required on-campus interview for these scholarships is April 5, 2014 for the 2014-2015 academic year.
Bethany also offers activity scholarships. You may apply for more than one activity scholarship, but you are eligible to receive only one, in addition to an academic scholarship. Applications for these scholarships are available for download below. The application deadline for activity scholarships is January 31.
- Journalism scholarship (Application)
- Music scholarship (Application)
- Speech scholarship (Application)
- Theatre scholarship (Application)
- Visual Arts scholarship (Application)
The following departmental scholarship is also available:
An outside scholarship usually does not need to be repaid if you complete all the necessary requirements.
- Phillips Scholars Program
- Sallie Mae College Answer
- U.S. News Scholarship Search
- FinAID! Scholarship Searches
- Get Ready for College
- TG Scholarship Search Engine
Scholarships for Students of Color
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program
- Minnesota Association of Counselors of Color
- Coalition to Increase Minority Degrees
- Hispanic College Fund
- Hispanic Scholarship Fund
- Indian American Scholarship Fund
- Institute of International Education
- Jackie Robinson Foundation
- Latin American Educational Foundation
- Scholarships for Minorities
- United Negro College Fund
- The Sallie Mae First in My Family Scholarship Program