Studio Production Specialist
Studio Production Specialist
Position Title: Production Studio Specialist (full-time technical support staff)
Function of Position: Responsible to the Production Studio Manager for assisting with the operations of the production studio.
Work with the Production Studio Manager to complete the following:
- Coordinate services to campus departments for classroom project/assignment production, including determining project feasibility, scheduling equipment, and providing production needs.
- Assist with recording and editing BLC Studios assigned events (including hockey broadcasts), BLC News, and athletic events.
- Provide technical assistance for recording campus events:
- assist students and IT Services staff with recordings
- duplicate, distribute, and archive recordings
- Assist with KTV public access channel technical needs, including maintaining the North Mankato library edit station, and all KTV productions.
- Manage studio services production equipment, including equipment maintenance, check-in/check-out procedures, inventory, and asset protection. Assist IT Services with maintaining Studio iMacs.
- Train and support students in proper equipment use, production techniques, and post-production.
- Oversee student equipment room staff.
- willingness to support the mission of Bethany Lutheran College
- technical degree in audio/video production and/or bachelor’s degree in communication or computer science related field
- 3-5 years of video production experience, preferably in live television production environment
- hardware and software support experience (Apple Macintosh, Sony DVCam, Final Cut Pro, Adobe Premiere, Adobe Creative Suite, etc.)
- excellent organization, supervisory, training, and oral/written communication skills
- able to lift, pull, and/or push up to 75 pounds
Conditions of Employment: The College requires that a criminal background check be conducted on all new employees to safeguard the campus community for students and employees.
Start date: August 1, 2016
Compensation: $15-17 beginning wage range; comprehensive benefits program
Application review will begin July 11, 2016, and continue until the position is filled.
Application process: Interested candidates should submit a letter of interest, résumé, academic transcripts (may be unofficial; if an employment offer is made, certified transcripts for all college-level education will be required), and contact information for three professional references to Bethany Lutheran College, Human Resources Office, 700 Luther Drive, Mankato, MN 56001; or via scanned e-mail to email@example.com.
About the College: Bethany Lutheran College is committed to the teachings of the Bible as expressed in foundational writings of the Lutheran church known as the Lutheran Confessions. As such, we look for individuals who fully embrace our position, which can be found on our synodical website at www.evangelicallutheransynod.org. Additional information about the College can be found at www.blc.edu.
Bethany Lutheran College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disabilities, or veteran status in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs and other school administered programs. The College adheres to the requirements of Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the ADA policy of 1990. The College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant international students. Concerns regarding Title IX should be directed to the College’s Title IX Coordinator.
The Bethany Lutheran College Annual Security Report is available for viewing at www.blc.edu/security. The report is published in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. The document includes institutional policies that address campus security, such as residence hall security, notification of threats, sexual assault, etc. Statistics reported over the past three years for crimes that have occurred both on-campus and in the surrounding community are also included. A printed copy of the report can be requested by calling 507-344-7000.
Bethany Lutheran College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.