Coordinator of Sports Information (.75 FTE)
Coordinator of Sports Information (.75 FTE)
Responsible to the Director of Athletics for planning, developing, and communicating information about the intercollegiate athletics programs and for coordinating athletic events.
- Serve as primary point of contact between the athletic department and internal/external constituencies; provide information and perform problem solving for athletic administrators, coaches, and external contacts.
- Compose, produce, and distribute written documentation associated with intercollegiate athletics, such as press releases, media guides, booster club correspondence, newsletters, posters, brochures, etc., at times in conjunction with the Manager of Visual Media.
- Maintain BLC athletics website, social media pages, and bulletin boards.
- Assist the Director of Athletics as needed, including marketing efforts for the department. Coordinate creation and publication of marketing documents in conjunction with the Director of Institutional Communication and the Manager of Visual Media (e.g., fall/winter/spring programs, fliers, brochures, schedules, promotional items, etc.).
- Manage flow of department correspondence with faculty, staff, and students; participate in various department meetings, including taking minutes.
- Manage student-athlete records and dissemination of information.
- Coordinate and inventory office supplies for building.
- Manage game statistics, including gathering, converting, adjusting, and disseminating information to internal and external contacts.
- Oversee the selection and training of student statisticians and game-day personnel. Monitor time-clock system records for budgeting purposes.
- Manage statistical software (StatCrew/Presto) and desktop publishing.
- Serve as primary point of contact between athletic department, opposing SID officers, media sources, and other external constituencies.
- Coordinate athlete recognition nominations and voting processes (e.g., CoSIDA’s All-Region, UMAC Player of Week, NCAA All-Region, etc.).
- Produce and maintain intercollegiate athletic documentation, including rosters, newsletters, statistical records, etc.
- Provide game management for assigned contests.
- Work with the Director of Athletics and the Assistant Director of Athletics (facilities and compliance) to develop and support athletic department special events, including soliciting corporate sponsor contributions, registering event participants, developing menus, etc.
- Assist with athletic camp activities: schedule preparation; literature development, publication, and distribution; database management; registration; funds management; etc.
- Willingness to support the mission of Bethany Lutheran College
- Bachelor’s degree in sports information, business management, communication, English, or journalism from an accredited institution
- 1 year of experience working with the public
- Experience in sports information; preference given to experience with athletic statistics programs (e.g., StatCrew/Presto)
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including desktop publishing
- Have and maintain valid driver’s license
- Able to work nights and weekends on a consistent basis
Starting salary range: $22,500-$29,000
Benefits: comprehensive package
Start date: July 27, 2015
Application review will begin June 29, 2015, and continue until the position is filled.
Send a cover letter, résumé, sample of technical writing, academic transcripts (may be unofficial), and contact information for three current professional references to Human Resources Office, Bethany Lutheran College, 700 Luther Drive, Mankato, MN 56001; or via e-mail attachment to email@example.com:
Conditions of Employment
- Official academic transcripts must be submitted upon hire.
- The College requires that a criminal background check be conducted on all new employees to safeguard the campus community for students and employees.
About the College: Bethany Lutheran College is a confessional Lutheran institution. As such, we look for individuals who fully embrace our position, which can be found on our synodical website at www.evangelicallutheransynod.org. Additional information about the College can be found at www.blc.edu.
Bethany Lutheran College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disabilities, or veteran status in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs and other school administered programs, except where allowed by Bethany’s status as a religious institution. The College adheres to the requirements of Title IX of the 1972 Educational Amendments, Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the ADA policy of 1990. The College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant international students. Concerns regarding Title IX should be directed to the College’s Title IX Officer: Paulette Tonn Booker, Manager of Human Resources, 213 Old Main; 1-507-344-7840.
The Bethany Lutheran College Annual Security Report is available for viewing at www.blc.edu/security. The report is published in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. The document includes institutional policies that address campus security, such as residence hall security, notification of threats, sexual assault, etc. Statistics reported over the past three years for crimes that have occurred both on-campus and in the surrounding community are also included. A printed copy of the report can be requested by calling 507-344-7000.
Bethany Lutheran College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.
Employees with this job title
No employees are currently associated with this job title. This may be due to a job title change or other reasons.