Computer Systems Specialist
Computer Systems Specialist
Position Title: Computer Systems Specialist
Function of Position: Responsible to the director of Information Technology Services for providing database and web-based systems support to the Bethany Lutheran College corporation.
- Provide database support for the College and Synod advancement offices, Education, Business Office, Human Resources, and the Seminary; customize modules and reports as needed; maintain data integrity; provide and/or assist with reports.
- Provide support to the College and Synod business offices; provide custom reports; assist with training as needed.
- Create, maintain, and customize web-based systems for the College, Synod, and Seminary.
- Provide data analysis for various departments by designing and creating data in charts, graphs, tables, and organizing into dashboards.
- Designing and developing relational databases for collecting data and also building or designing data input. Also provide reports and support for these databases.
- Research and develop knowledge of future and current database software needs.
- Research software problems and find solutions.
- willingness to support the mission of Bethany Lutheran College
- bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- knowledge of and experience with database reporting software
- IT experience preferred
- excellent oral and written communication skills
Conditions of Employment: The College requires that a criminal background check be conducted on all new employees to safeguard the campus community for students and employees.
Start date: August 15, 2016
Compensation: $48,000-$55,000; comprehensive benefits program, including dependent children tuition waiver
Application review will begin August 8, 2016, and continue until the position is filled.
Application process: Send cover letter, résumé, and contact information for three current personal references to Human Resources Office, Bethany Lutheran College, 700 Luther Drive, Mankato, MN 56001, or via scanned e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
About the College: Bethany Lutheran College is a confessional Lutheran institution. As such, we look for individuals who fully embrace our position, which can be found on our synodical website at www.evangelicallutheransynod.org. Additional information about the College can be found at www.blc.edu.
Bethany Lutheran College does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, age, religion, national origin, marital status, disabilities, or veteran status in the administration of its educational policies, admissions policies, financial aid programs and other school administered programs. The College adheres to the requirements of Title IX of the 1972 Education Amendments, Sec. 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, and the ADA policy of 1990. The College is authorized under federal law to enroll non-immigrant international students. Concerns regarding Title IX should be directed to the College’s Title IX Coordinator.
The Bethany Lutheran College Annual Security Report is available for viewing at www.blc.edu/security. The report is published in accordance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act. The document includes institutional policies that address campus security, such as residence hall security, notification of threats, sexual assault, etc. Statistics reported over the past three years for crimes that have occurred both on-campus and in the surrounding community are also included. A printed copy of the report can be requested by calling 507-344-7000.
Bethany Lutheran College is registered as a private institution with the Minnesota Office of Higher Education pursuant to sections 136A.61 to 136A.71. Registration is not an endorsement of the institution. Credits earned at the institution may not transfer to all other institutions.