Fall Festival Matins Service
Order of Service
* The Confession of Sin
* Hymn, 76, Father, We Praise Thee
* Versicles and Gloria patri
Choir: Psalm 100, O Be Joyful in the Lord, All Ye Lands C.V. Stanford
Lesson: Deuteronomy 32:39-40
* Choir: Hear, O Israel(Deuteronomy 6:4,5) C. Courtney
(All may join with the choir to sing Hymn 69, vv. 1 & 8)
Choir: Hear, O Israel! You shall love the Lord with all your heart and soul and strength. The Lord, our God, the Lord is One.
ALL: The God of Abr’am praise, Who reigns…
* Lesson: Ephesians 3:13-21
* Choir Responsory: Lord, I Trust Thee G.F. Handel
Lord, I trust Thee, I adore Thee. Ah, Thou Friend of man, restore me!
On Thy loving grace relying, for the Bread of Life I’m sighing.
Quench my thirst and let my hunger cease. Fill my heart with joy and endless peace.
When the breath of life has left me. May my soul be blended with Thee.
* Lesson: Luke 7:11-17 (Text for the Homily)
* Hymn, 481, When My Last Hour is Close At Hand
All: vv. 1, 2 & 5; Pulpit side: v. 3; Lectern side, v. 4
*Homily – “Live a Defiant Life”
*Choir Canticle: Nunc dimittis in G C.V. Stanford
* Kyrie eleison & Lord’s Prayer
* Hymn, 584, Grant Peace, We Pray
* Benedicamus and Blessing
*Announcements & Greetings from BLC Pres. Dan Bruss
* All are invited to join to sing "On My Heart"