Bethany Lutheran College is a private, residential, Christian, liberal arts college owned and operated by the Evangelical Lutheran Synod. The fifty-acre campus overlooks the Minnesota River Valley in Mankato, Minnesota, a community of approximately fifty thousand people.
|Academics: 19 Majors||Enrollment: 577 students||Residential: 70%|
|Student-to-faculty ratio: 12:1||Faculty: 71 full-time and adjunct||Athletics: NCAA Division III|
In 1911, Bethany Ladies College opened with forty-four students and four faculty members, and a mission to educate young women. In 1927 the Norwegian Synod, later known as the Evangelical Lutheran Synod (ELS), purchased the college. The ELS operated the school as a co-educational high school and junior college until 1969, when the high school department was closed. Bethany Lutheran Theological Seminary began in 1946 as a department of the college; in 1975 it became a separate institution.
Bethany Lutheran College is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission and a member of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools. The North Central Association is headquarted at 30 N LaSalle St, Ste 2400, Chicago IL 60602-2504 and can be reached at (800) 621-7440.